Twitter

follow on Twitter @thatfatfoodguy

Tuesday 28 July 2015

PULLED PORK BURGER

Pulled Pork Burgers


I had friends coming around to see my new baby and I wanted to do something really good as I knew they like, me love good food. The pressure was on so I jumped on the pulled pork burger bandwagon with a thatfatfoodguy style
 
SERVES 4
 

INGREDIENTS
Pulled pork

3lb pork shoulder
Dijon mustard
40g Demerara sugar
1.5 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon mixed
Freshly ground black pepper
Good quality BBQ sauce (I use Stokes)
METHOD
1.The day before, rub the pork with mustard and crushed garlic, then mix together all the dry ingredients to make the rub and use this to coat the meat. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge

2.Preheat the oven to 220C. Line a roasting tray with sheets of foil big enough to fold over the top of the pork and make a tent.

3.Put the pork into the hot oven for about 40 minutes until browned, then take out and turn down the heat to 125C. Add 1 cup of water and fold the foil over the top to make a tightly sealed tent. Put back in the oven and cook for about 5 to 6 hours, until the internal temperature of the pork measures 90C. Pour off the juices and reserve.

4. Skim some fat off the pork juices and mix the rest with a 3/4 cup of bbq sauce.

5. Use two forks, or your fingers to pull into shreds.

6. Pour the sauce over the shredded pork, cook uncovered, for 10 minutes at 200. Take out, cover with foil, and leave to rest for 15 minutes.

I served with a mix of sweet potato and potato wedges coated with oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and chilli powder. I used brioche buns toasted on their cut side. I served when pots of coleslaw, bbq sauce, tortilla crisps and a token side salad. There is always a good selection of chilli sauces when  thatfatfoodguy is around.

The meal was a success.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment