Twitter

follow on Twitter @thatfatfoodguy

Sunday 26 July 2015

Torka Beans

Torka Beans

Serving Suggestion 

 Serves 2.

These beans give a whole new dimension to a full English breakfast, bang to beans on toast and add real kick to chips, cheese and beans. 

In my family we grew up on these, I never had "plain" beans until I went to school. This is a really simple recipe and is one of my favourite comfort foods.

1 tin of baked beans
1/2 a medium onion either diced or sliced
2 green chillies (sliced finely)
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper 
1/2 tea spoon garam masala
1 tea spoon vegetable oil

Method

  1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes on a medium heat. Add all of the ingredients except the beans. Cook out the spices until the onions have browned. 
  2. Add the beans and heat through as normal.

Serve as you would normally serve baked beans.

As I write this, I am thinking of new ways to vary this recipe. Ideas that come to mind, replacing the green chillies and garam masala with:

  1. Chinese five spice and szechuan pepper
  2. 1/2 a habanero chilli pepper and Jerk seasoning








1 comment:

  1. Fab recipe , goes fab on a jacket potatoe , a must on my list 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete